Hard to believe that we are already into 2014!
It was a crazy year for me, not only did I quit my job to be a stay a home mom (there has got to be a better name for that, cause trust me, I DO NOT stay at home!) But I have done a lot of changing in my personal life as well! Things are so different from where I was this time last year, but the good news is that I couldn’t be happier!
As far as books go, I had a very productive year. Thanks to the scan feature in Goodreads (I love that I can scan the barcode on a book from my phone or iPad and update Goodreads!) I have kept much better track of what I am reading. I am also reading a lot from the library do to the not working thing. I am managing the hold list at the library really well. I set my goal to read this year at 200. Here is what happened:
Congrats! You have completed your goal of reading 200 books for the 2013 Reading Challenge!
Here are the Challenges that I am looking forward to participating in! For more information on the status of each, look under the 2014 Challenges menu heading.
- Be a more efficient blogger by answering my emails in a more timely manner, commenting on friend’s blogs more, writing more discussion posts, and being more social.
- Continue to grow the readership at The Bookmark Blog
- Review the books I read. I am awesome at reading. Just not always great at getting a review written. Even if it doesn’t appear on the blog and just goes into Goodreads or on Amazon, I need to do reviews, or short reviews, or something.
- Discussion Posts. I really want to do this, wanted to do it last year, want to do it this year.
- Getting my posts up ahead of time. I would like for my posts to be written ahead of time instead of scrambling to get them written the day that they are due. I am really bad at this. REALLY BAD.
- Getting my blog more up to date and organized. I am working on this, but need to spend more time on this.
So, what do I have in store for 2014? Hang with me my friends, it is going to be a wild ride!
Books I didn’t read in 2013, but really want to read:
Where the Stars Still Shine
Not a Drop to Drink
Eleanor and Park
Forgive Me Leonard Peacock
Ballads of Suburbia
Raven Boys/The Dream Thieves
The Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac
Books I am really looking forward to reading in 2014:
Breathe Annie Breathe
The Geography of You and Me
Isla and the Happily Ever After
The Blood of Olympus (Heros of Olympus #5)
The Promise of Amazing
Split Second (Pivot Point Sequel)
I See London